Boral Recycling Kooragang
27 Egret Street
Kooragang NSW 2300
About Boral Kooragang Recycling Facility
Boral's Recycling facility produces a range of building and construction products by separating, crushing and blending recovered construction and demolition (C&D) wastes with quarry products to produce recycled aggregate, recycled pipe bedding sand and specified recycled road bases.
Operating since 2003, the site acts as Boral's recycling centre in the Newcastle area, servicing the building industry's increasing demand for this type of product.
The site is located on Egret Street within the Kooragang Island Industrial precinct and is strategically located to meet the needs to the Newcastle construction and demolition waste sector.
Environment Management and Monitoring
Boral Kooragang Recycling, as well as many other Boral sites, has obligations under the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011.
These obligations include providing public access to pollution reporting data. You can find out more about the Act and the results for Kooragang here.
Listening to our Community
A register of complaints made to Kooragang Recycling and their resolution is required to be made available for public review. You'll find the latest version of this register below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can I bring in material for recycling in a ute or box trailer?
- No. Boral Recycling does not allow hand unloading for safety reasons. All loads need to be tipped from the back of a truck.
Do I need to where protective clothing when tipping at Boral Recycling?
- The minimum requirement for PPE for a customer tipping are: steel cap boots, high-visibility clothing and a hard hat.
- We do also recommend customers wear long longs, gloves, safety glasses and hearing protection.
What other services do Boral Recycling offer?
- We can arrange the transport of waste for disposal in a range of vehicles from a Bogie tipper through to Truck and Dogs. This service may also be packaged for materials not accepted at Boral sites. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I require an account with Boral to tip at Boral Recycling?
- No. You do not need an account to recycle your waste with Boral.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted at all sites.
- Boral does not accept cash, AMEX or Diners Club
How do I set up an account with Boral Recycling?
- Please complete our online credit application form to set up an account.