Blue Circle® X-Lime is a concentrated powder additive for cement-based mortars. It is designed to provide improved workability and water-retention characteristics for mortars used for bricklaying and blocklaying.
Application / Use
- Air Entraining Additive (AEA) replacement in mortars
- AEA replacement in renders
- Additive for mortars
- X-Lime replaces the need to use Hydrated Lime (Plaster Lime), air entraining agents, water retention additives and clay in cement based mortars, which are often used to enhance sands that exhibit poor grading and particle shape, and thus require additional materials to provide performance improvements.
- Both clay bricks and masonry blocks absorb water from mortars, effectively causing the mortar to prematurely dry where it interfaces with the brick/block, thus reducing the bond strength. X-Lime contains a water retention additive that reduces this water absorption and allows longer board life, plus an AEA in powder form to provide workability and replace the use of liquid AEAs.
- Another way of looking at X-Lime is that one 2 kg pail can be used with 25 x 20 kg bags of cement. Alternatively, 10 kg of X-Lime can replace approximately 1000 kg of Hydrated Lime (Plaster Lime).
- Using approximately 80 gm of Blue Circle® X-Lime per 20 kg bag of normal GP, Builders, or Off White Cement will enhance mortars and provide performance improvements suggested by Australian Standard 3700 Masonry Structures Code, without resorting to the use of any their additives.
- Depending on the sand quality the dose rate may be modified by +/- 20 gm per 20 kg bag of cement, to optimize performance.
- Additive for renders
- Cement rendering
- Air entraining agent
Features & Benefits
Uses and applications:
- Designed to provide improved workability and water retention characteristics for mortars used in bricklaying and block laying. Yield: 80 gm to 20 kg cement
- BCSC X-Lime replaces the need to use Hydrated Lime (Plaster Lime), air entraining agents, water retention additives and clay in cement based mortars
- One 2 kg pail can be used with 25 x 20 kg bags of cement. Alternatively, 10 kg of BCSC X-Lime can replace approximately 1000 kg of Hydrated Lime (Plaster Lime).
- 10kg bag
- 2kg pail
Back to top