Boral Recycling Widemere (Wetherill Park)
39a Widemere Road
Wetherill Park NSW 2164
About Boral Widemere Recycling Facility
Boral's Widemere Recycling facility produces a range of building and construction products by separating, crushing and blending recovered construction and demolition (C&D) wastes.
Operating since 2002, the site acts as Boral's largest recycling centre in NSW, servicing the building industry's increasing demand for this type of product.
The site is located on the edge of the former Prospect Quarry adjacent to the Wetherill Park industrial area and Prospect Reservoir in Sydney's western suburbs.
The current version (as amended) of the planning approval to which Boral Widemere Recycling is operated can be found below.
Environmental Management and Monitoring
Boral Widemere Recycling, as well as many other Boral sites, has obligations under the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011.
These obligations include providing public access to pollution reporting data. You can find out more about the Act and the results for Widemere here.
You can also view the site's Environmental Protection Licence by following the above link.
Widemere Recycling is also required to document and implement an Operational Environment Management Plan (OEMP) as part of day-to-day activities at the site.
The OEMP offers the site guidance on managing and reducing the risk of its activities on the surrounding environment. You can view the latest version below:
Listening to our Community
A register of complaints made to Widemere Recycling and their resolution is required to be made available for public review. You'll find the latest version of this register below.
Widemere Recycling is required to compile an annual review at the end of each financial year, capturing information about the operation and its performance against a range of criteria.
Independent audits are carried out at Boral Widemere Recycling as an assurance the conditions contained within the development consent are being met. You can view the results of the most recent audit below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can I bring in material for recycling in a ute or box trailer?
- No. Boral Recycling does not allow hand unloading for safety reasons. All loads need to be tipped from the back of a truck.
Do I need to where protective clothing when tipping at Boral Recycling?
- The minimum requirement for PPE for a customer tipping are: steel cap boots, high-visibility clothing and a hard hat.
- We do also recommend customers wear long longs, gloves, safety glasses and hearing protection.
What other services do Boral Recycling offer?
- We can arrange the transport of waste for disposal in a range of vehicles from a Bogie tipper through to Truck and Dogs. This service may also be packaged for materials not accepted at Boral sites. For more information contact email@example.com.
Do I require an account with Boral to tip at Boral Recycling?
- No. You do not need an account to recycle your waste with Boral.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted at all sites.
- Boral does not accept cash, AMEX or Diners Club
How do I set up an account with Boral Recycling?
- Please complete our online credit application form to set up an account.