The INNOVOTM system aims to improve sustainable outcomes* by incorporating everyday products that are likely to end up in landfill and repurposing them into roads around the country. INNOVOTM reinforces Boral's commitment to sustainability and our environment through the inclusion of glass, plastic, tyres, old road pavement, slag and other materials in our paving. This focus on a circular economy reduces the amount of virgin materials required to build our roads and provides better outcomes for the communities in which we operate and our customers.
*Compared to Boral's standard asphalt products.
Application & Use
INNOVOTM can be applied instead of a common asphalt mix for the wearing courses and structural layers of road pavements and pavement surfacing of car parks, footpaths and school playgrounds.
Other uses include:
- Light industrial areas
- Recreational areas
- Sporting facilities
Features & Benefits
INNOVOTM is an asphalt system that replaces some natural raw materials with recyclable materials such as glass, plastic and rubber. It will be available to customers where these recyclable materials are available and based on local operational capabilities. INNOVOTM asphalt can be:
- A mixture of dense-graded and open-graded aggregates and bitumen with or without mineral filler.
- Laid and compacted hot for a dense smooth surface.
- Common and versatile paving product.
- Used for wearing courses and structural layers, roads and pavement surfacing.
- Designed to meet a variety of applications.