Hardwood timber cladding provides an envelope that protects a building. Hardwood timber cladding is an increasingly popular choice for finishing the outside of commercial and domestic buildings. It offers design freedom, ease of handling, a range of products and the natural beauty of Australian timber species.
Features & Benefits
- Can be used in bush-fire prone areas up to BAL 29 (dependant on species natural fire resistance, such as Blackbutt)
- Design flexibility for interior/exterior use for commercial and residential projects
- Flexible and resilient to the stresses of foundation and natural seismic movements
- Provides a long-lasting and durable external surface
- Some hardwood cladding species, such as Blackbutt, are naturally termite resistant
- Designed for fixing to both timber and steel framework
- Decorative exterior wall lining
- Durable exterior surface
- Lightweight building structures
- Residential buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Outdoor structures
- Outdoor fences/walls
Profile & Dimensions
Shadow Cladding - 125 x 19mm
Ship-Lap Cladding - 128 x 19mm
Rusticated Cladding - 127 x 19mm (Horizontal Direction Only)
V-Joint - 80 x 12mm (Internal Use Only)
Board Lengths - Random length packs. Lengths 900mm and greater.
- Standard & Better
Visit the Timber Grading page for further information
- Dressed, Seasoned (Kiln Dried)
- Pre-Oiled (Special Order)
When an exterior pigmented stain or painted finish is chosen, one or two final coats should be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Light coloured paints and stains are recommended.
Note: Where cladding is installed without the application of a surface coating, weathering of these products will occur.
The long term performance of cladding is dependent on regular and effective maintenance. The frequency of maintenance will depend on the type of finish and the degree of exposure to the weather. Recoating and any further preparations should be carried out in accordance with the finish manufacturer’s specifications.
Please call 1800 818 317 for further care and maintenance information.
If you require any assistance with project specifying, samples or detailed information to suit your project, please contact our architectural team below.
QLD & NSW Northern Rivers - 07 3215 2200
NSW & ACT - 02 9735 5500
VIC & TAS - 03 9790 1790
SA & NT - 08 8243 1122
We also offer free CPD Presentations and Production Training Sessions. Ask the team for more information.