Hardwood timber cladding provides an envelope that protects a building. Hardwood timber cladding is an increasingly popular choice for finishing the outside of commercial and domestic buildings. It offers design freedom, ease of handling, a range of products and the natural beauty of Australian timber species.
Boral Timber solid products are Responsible Wood Chain of Custody certified to (AS4707-2014). This provides peace of mind that Boral’s solid timber products are sourced from sustainability managed and legal forestry. The certification is linked to the largest forest management certifica
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions
- Can be used in bush-fire prone areas up to BAL 29 (dependant on species natural fire resistance, such as Blackbutt)
- Design flexibility for interior/exterior use for commercial and residential projects
- Flexible and resilient to the stresses of foundation and natural seismic movements
- Provides a long-lasting and durable external surface
- Some hardwood cladding species, such as Blackbutt, are naturally termite resistant
- Designed for fixing to both timber and steel framework
- Building a sustainable future - Boral Timber has full Chain of Custody certification which meets the Responsible Wood Standard AS 4707-2006.
- Decorative exterior wall lining
- Durable exterior surface
- Lightweight building structures
- Residential buildings
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Outdoor structures
- Outdoor fences/walls
Profile & Dimensions
Shadow Cladding - 125 x 19 mm
Ship-Lap Cladding - 128 x 19 mm
Rusticated Cladding (Horizontal Direction Only)- 27 x 19 mm
V-Joint (Internal Use Only) - 80 x 12mm
Please Note: Random length packs. Lengths 900 mm and greater
- Standard & Better
Dressed, Seasoned (Kiln Dried)
When an exterior pigmented stain or painted finish is chosen, one or two final coats should be applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Light coloured paints and stains are recommended.
Please Note: Where cladding is installed without the application of a surface coating, weathering of these products will occur.
Boral Timber recommends that an experienced professional contractor handles the installation of Boral hardwood timber Cladding. Ask a local timber retailer for a recommended contractor.
Please call 1800 818 317 for further installation information.
The long term performance of cladding is dependent on regular and effective maintenance. The frequency of maintenance will depend on the type of finish and the degree of exposure to the weather. Recoating and any further preparations should be carried out in accordance with the finish manufacturer’s specifications.
Please call 1800 818 317 for further care and maintenance information.