SSC40 is a blended product of a nominal ratio of 60 per cent slag to 40 per cent cement and is commonly used in stabilisation applications where extended working time is required along with longer-term strength gain.
Application / Use
- Stabilisation of road base, sub-base and sub-grade materials.
- May be used in soils with either low or high plasticity
- Suitable for applications such as in situ (including deep lift) stabilisation or pugmill blending
- The mixing of pavement materials should be carried out using purpose-built stabilising equipment
- Additional rates of up to 6 per cent by weight of suitable untreated materials can be expected
Features & Benefits
- SSC40 is particularly useful in providing increased resistance to attack by pyritic aggregates
Back to top