Re-Roof with Boral
As one of your home’s largest surface areas, the roof not only sets the visual tone but plays the leading role in protection from the elements. A great roof can make your house stand out.
Replacing your roof made remarkably simple!
There’s no question that a brand new roof will add value to your home, but re-roofing can seem daunting. Boral’s Re-Roof Service makes the whole process easier. As your single point of contact, we can co-ordinate a range of competitive quotes and make sure the project runs smoothly on your behalf – remarkable!
Simply ask us to help and we will:
- Have three Boral approved roofing contractors contact you promptly to provide a quote. You sign the agreement directly with the contractor of your choice.
- Keep in regular contact with you throughout the re-roof to ensure you are satisfied with the service
- Help you negotiate any warranty claims, in the unlikely event that there are any problems.
Call us today on 1300 167 674 or complete an online quote request.
Below is a guide to help you through the re-roofing process.
When should you consider re-roofing?
- You have faded, mossy old tiles
- Rainwater is leaking into the roof space
- Gutters and downpipes aren’t working the way they should
- You have an older home that requires a high level of general maintenance
- You are planning to extend the house or renovate
Follow these 7 steps to check the health of your roof:
- Check the roof for any cracked tiles, tile displacement or debris build-up
- Check old cement mortar bedding
- Check flashings, gutters and downpipes
- Check whether sarking is installed as a barrier against dust, storms and bushfires
- Check for sufficient ventilation to remove hot or damp air
- Check for the need to re-insulate the ceiling with bulk insulation
- Assess the need to replace individual tiles, re-roof and sark
How do you choose an installer?
- Work with a roofing company that has experience with the type of tiles being installed. Materials and profiles of roof tiles vary, with ceramic, terracotta and concrete tiles among the most commonly chosen.
- Contact the roof tile manufacturer or check its website for recommendations. Boral works with a network of professional installers that have experience with its ceramic, terracotta and concrete roof tiles.
- Before choosing an installer, compare at least three quotes and remember to check for a valid licence to indicate that the contractor holds current public liability insurances.
- Consider the installer’s past work. A reputable contractor will be happy to provide examples of recent projects or contact numbers for previous customers. Drive past the houses or give their referees a call to check on the quality of the work.
- Remember to confirm how long installation will take. It is preferable to complete the job within two or three days because once the existing roof has been removed, the house is exposed to the weather and rain can be damaging.
Boral is here to help. Call us today on 1300 167 674 or complete an online quote request