Pinegard Blue is used as an important element in termite management systems south of the Tropic of Capricorn. The use of blue pine framing in combination with ground-level termite management systems, regular maintenance and inspections provides highly effective, long-term protection against termites.
Features & Benefits
- Pinegard Blue is treated to H2F level, according to AS1604.1, suitable for dry, protected building application such as wall frames, trusses and sub-floor construction.
- Designed to protect from termite attack in areas south of the Tropic of Capricorn (non tropical areas).
- It is recommended that Pinegard Blue is used in conjunction with appropriate whole of house protection measures as outlined in AS3660.1
- Pinegard Blue is backed by a Osmose Determite guarantee against termite damage south of the Tropic of Capricorn.
- The treatment, a synthetic pyrethroid, used on Pinegard Blue is safe to handle.
- Each piece of timber is checked and characteristics are graded to the appropriate grade and stamped with the MGP grade.
- Pinegard Blue is clearly marked to indicate the grade and treatment type and uses blue dye to assist in recognition of the product during manufacture and erection of structural framing.
- Hazard Level 2F
- Wall frames
- Subfloor construction
- Above ground
The H2-F classification refers specifically to seasoned softwood framing timbers up to 45 mm x 290 mm end section size used south of the Tropic of Capricorn.
Pinegard Blue is not guaranteed for use north of the Tropic of Capricorn due to the presence of Mastotermes Darwiniensis, an aggressive species of tropical termite only found in far north of Australia. Boral Timber’s Pinegard Red product is produced specifically to be used in all areas of Australia including in the northern tropics.
Treated timber is sprayed with a synthetic pyrethroid to protect the structure from being damaged by wood destroying insects such as termites in outdoor applications.
The treatment process involves the application of a water borne timber preservative called Determite. Pinegard Blue is protected against termite attack by a modern safe wood preservative applied using a state-of-the-art timber treatment facility. This treatment has been thoroughly tested in Australian conditions and is approved under Australian Standards.
Profile & Dimensions
- 70 x 35 mm
- 90 x 35 mm
- 70 x 45 mm
- 90 x 45 mm
- Lengths up to 6000mm
- MGP15 (35mm end section only)