Boral parquetry is supplied in the popular block parquetry style. Block parquetry can be laid in any pattern using contrasting coloured timbers to create depth in the design. Blocks of timber are manufactured and then laid individually to create the chosen pattern. There are many popular patterns in Boral block parquetry. Alternatively, custom patterns or feature blocks can be created.
Features & Benefits
- Parquetry is an extremely durable floor covering making it the perfect solution for heavy traffic areas such as halls, steps, entrance ways and even commercial interiors.
- Boral Parquetry can be laid down in countless patterns, limited only by the imagination.
- Should a small section be seriously damaged, it can be easily replaced. After years of wear the entire floor can be restored by sanding and refinishing.
- The natural insulation properties of timber lock out winter's cold and summer's heat.
- It is an excellent option for allergy sufferers because timber floors do not harbour dust mites and other allergens.
- Blackbutt and Spotted Gum have a natural fire resistance. Their fire retarding properties, make them suitable for use in many bushfire prone areas under Australian Standard AS3959.
- Timber is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources.
- Building a sustainable future - Boral Timber hardwoods have full Chain of Custody certification aligned with the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS)
Board Thickness: 18 mm
Board Widths: 65 mm
Board Lengths: 260 mm
Boral Timber Flooring meets Australian Standards and uses the aesthetic Boral Timber grading system. Grading is distinguished by selective gum veins, spirals, burls, insect trails and other natural features that give timber floors a unique character, as individual as a signature. Boral Timber Flooring is not graded for colour variation or grain patterns as they form part of the natural beauty of timber flooring.
A subtle feature grade of timber flooring that provides a low level of natural features. The low levels of natural feature present the floor with a uniform look that is best suited to modern, minimalist styles.
Boral Timber’s rustic grade displaying a high level of natural features. This grade offers a unique, aged look with extenuated natural features and is well-suited to both commercial interiors and traditional decors.
Note: The availability of some species is state specific and not all species are available in all grades. Some additional species may be available on request.
- Concrete slab
- Old timber flooring
- Plywood subfloor
- Particleboard subfloor
Underlays provide floor levelling, cushioning and acoustic properties.
Boral Timber has a variety of quality underlays, such as Boral 2mm and 4mm Underlay that can be installed with an engineered timber floor to provide a range of quality flooring solutions.
Technical Specification and Features of 2mm Underlay:
• High quality closed cell cross-linked polyolefin plastic foam.
• 1m wide supplied in lengths of 20m and 50m
• 50m roll incorporates moisture barrier plastic film
• 115kpa resistance to water
• 0.0133 mg/N.s water vapour transmission
• Supplied with double sided tape
• Excellent tensile and compression strength
• Absorbs subfloor unevenness
• Light weight and easy to install
Technical Specification and Features of RV4 4mm Underlay:
• Manufactured from recycled polyurethane foam granulates and cork,
bound with polyurethane,
• Meets the BCA requirement of Lnw+C of 62 for acoustic underlays
• Acoustic rating ISO 140.6, ISO 140.8, AS 717.2-2004
• Roll width and length 1 metre wide, 20 metres in length
• Material weight 1.72kg/m2
• Material density 430kg/m3
• Tensile strength 0.9N/mm2 - DIN 53 577
• Elongation at break 25% - DIN 53 571
• Tension under pressure 0.9N/mm2 - DIN 53 577
• Temperature resistance -40°C to 115°C
• Fire Resistance Class B2 - DIN 4102
• Thermal conductivity 0.12W/mK
Boral Timber solid products are AFS Chain of Custody certified to (AS4707-2006). This provides peace of mind that Boral’s solid timber products are sourced from sustainably managed and legal forestry. The certification is linked to the largest forest management certification scheme in the world and is the only forest management certification scheme with an Australian Standard (4708-2007).