Boral Engineered Hardwood flooring
The beauty of solid timber flooring, engineered to perfection. Boral Engineered Flooring brings the sophistication and warmth of real timber to a home in a range of unique Australian hardwood timber species. Boral Engineered Flooring is designed with a quality multi-layer construction, providing a stable timber floor with easy installation over many surfaces.
Boral Engineered Flooring can be glued or ‘floated’ over any level subfloor such as a concrete slab, particleboard or plywood sheeting or over old timber floors or tiles.
As with all hardwood timber floors, Boral Engineered Flooring is not recommended for bathrooms, laundries or other wet areas.
For further information on installation see the Boral Engineered Flooring Installation Guide.
Features & Benefits
- The 4mm nominal hardwood top layer allows resanding and recoating for a long service life.
- Available in three beautiful Australian hardwood species.
- No mess and fumes from sanding and finishing.
- Boral Engineered Flooring can be walked on within hours of installation.
- The clear coating highlights the natural colour and timber features.
- Boral Engineered Flooring can be glued or ‘floated’ over a level subfloor such as a concrete slab, particleboard or plywood see the Boral Engineered Flooring Installation Guide.
- Can be re-sanded, just like traditional timber floors.
- The board has a precision-milled square edge and a 4 side Uniclic profile for a tight board-to-board fit and a smooth consistent finish.
- Boral Engineered Flooring is ideal for asthmatics and allergy sufferers as it does not harbour dust or allergens.
- 14 mm x 134 mm wide (Blackbutt, Spotted Gum & Sydney Blue Gum)
- 14 mm x 186 mm wide (Blackbutt & Spotted Gum)
|1 strip 134mm||Wide Board 186mm|
|Finish||Matte Sheen 35% Gloss Finish||10% Matte UV Lacquer with Brushed Finish|
|Wear Layer (nominal)||4 mm||4 mm|
|Box length (mm)*||1,820||2,200|
|Area per box (m2)||1.464||2.445|
|Area per pallet (m2)||112.7||134.475|
|Number of boxes per pallet||77||55|
|Boards per box*||6||6|
|Weight per box||15||24.28|
* Board lengths include up to 1,820 mm for 134 mm and 2,200 mm for 186 mm, including a maximum of four short boards per box ranging from 600 mm to 1,200 mm.
Grading represents the visual characteristics of the timber and has no influence over structural qualities.
Boral Engineered Flooring is not graded for colour variation or grain patterns as they form part of the natural beauty of hardwood timber flooring.
Boral Engineered Flooring is graded to AS 2796.2 Standard & Better.
Glued or 'floated' over:
- Concrete slab
- Ceramic tiles
- Plywood subfloor
- Particleboard subfloor
- Old timber flooring
Care and Maintenance
Like all timber floors Boral Engineered Flooring will mark and scratch. However, it can be re-coated or re-sanded as required, just like traditional wood flooring in order to maintain your floor.
- Sweep or vacuum (bristles down) your floor regularly to remove stones and abrasive grit or dirt.
- Install dirt trapping mats at external entrances.
- Apply felt floor protectors to the underside of all moving furniture to reduce marking or scratching.
- Damp clean using a barely moist mop. For best results, add one capful of Timber Cleaner to your water and towel off any excess moisture immediately after damp mopping.
Full Maintenance Instructions can be obtained from your local retailer.
Underlays provide floor levelling, cushioning and acoustic properties.
Boral Timber has a variety of quality underlays, such as Boral 2mm and 4mm Underlay that can be installed with an engineered timber floor to provide a range of quality flooring solutions.
Technical Specification and Features of 2mm Underlay:
• High quality closed cell cross-linked polyolefin plastic foam.
• 1m wide supplied in lengths of 20m and 50m
• 50m roll incorporates moisture barrier plastic film
• 115kpa resistance to water
• 0.0133 mg/N.s water vapour transmission
• Supplied with double sided tape
• Excellent tensile and compression strength
• Absorbs subfloor unevenness
• Light weight and easy to install
Technical Specification and Features of RV4 4mm Underlay:
• Manufactured from recycled polyurethane foam granulates and cork,
bound with polyurethane,
• Meets the BCA requirement of Lnw+C of 62 for acoustic underlays
• Acoustic rating ISO 140.6, ISO 140.8, AS 717.2-2004
• Roll width and length 1 metre wide, 20 metres in length
• Material weight 1.72kg/m2
• Material density 430kg/m3
• Tensile strength 0.9N/mm2 - DIN 53 577
• Elongation at break 25% - DIN 53 571
• Tension under pressure 0.9N/mm2 - DIN 53 577
• Temperature resistance -40°C to 115°C
• Fire Resistance Class B2 - DIN 4102
• Thermal conductivity 0.12W/mK