V-Joint Lining Board
Boral's Australian hardwood Lining Board provides an attractive and economical way to line the interior of both new and old buildings. It offers design freedom, ease of handling, a range of products and the natural beauty of Australian timber species.
Boral Hardwood timber Lining Board provides an attractive and economical way to finish the interior of both new and old buildings and suits a traditional, modern or uniquely designed commercial or residential building.
Boral hardwood timber Lining Board is available in the popular tongue and groove "V-joint" profile and should be considered an integral part of the overall building aesthetic design.
- Decorative Internal features such as interior walls and doors
- Residential, commercial and industrial buildings such as resorts and hotels, agricultural buildings, units, townhouses, industrial units, educational buildings.
Features & Benefits
- New profile design
- Manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions
- Can be used in bush-fire prone areas up to BAL 29 (dependant on species natural fire resistance, such as Blackbutt)
- Design flexibility for internal applications
- Flexible and resilient to the stresses of foundation and natural seismic movements
- Light weight requiring smaller footings
- Provides a long-lasting and durable internal surface
- Some hardwood cladding species, such as Blackbutt, are naturally termite resistant
- Building a sustainable future - Boral Timber has full Chain of Custody certification which meets the Responsible Wood Standard AS 4707-2006.
Hardwood Lining Board
Seasoned (Kiln Dried), Dressed.
Profile Sizes: 80 mm x 12 mm
Board Lengths: Random length packs, lengths 1,200 mm and greater.
Horizontal and Vertical
- Spotted Gum
- Standard & Better
Boral Timber recommends that an experienced professional contractor handles the installation of Boral hardwood timber Lining Board. Ask a local timber retailer for a recommended contractor.
Please call 1800 818 317 for further installation information.
Care and Maintenance
Boral Hardwood timber Lining Board comes Pre-oiled, highlighting the timbers natural features.
The long term performance of Lining Board is dependent on regular and effective maintenance. The frequency of maintenance will depend on the type of finish and the degree of exposure to sunlight and the elements. Recoating and any further preparations should be carried out in accordance with the finish manufacturer’s specifications.
Please call 1800 818 317 for further care and maintenance information
Construction in Bushfire-Prone Areas
Blackbutt and Spotted Gum timber species have a natural fire resistance. Their fire retarding properties make them suitable for use in many bushfire prone areas under the Australian Standard AS3959-2009 - Construction of Buildings in Bushfire-Prone Areas.
For more information on building with timber in bushfire areas please view Boral Timber's Construction in Bushfire Zones brochure for Timber construction in bushfire prone areas throughout Australia.
Boral Timber solid products are Responsible Wood Standard Chain of Custody certified to (AS4707-2006). This provides peace of mind that Boral’s solid timber products are sourced from sustainably managed and legal forestry. The certification is linked to the largest forest management certification scheme in the world and is the only forest management certification scheme with an Australian Standard (4708-2007).