Stabilment is a specialised binder produced for stabilisation applications. It is manufactured from selected ground granulated blast furnace slag and hydrated lime, as a nominal blend of 85:15.
Application / Use
- Stabilisation of road base, sub-base and sub-grade material
- May be used in soils with either low or high plasticity
- Suitable for applications such as in situ (including deep lift) stabilisation or pugmill blending. The mixing of pavement materials should be carried out using purpose-built stabilising equipment
- Can be used to modify soils with a high Plasticity Index (PI)
- Addition rates of up to 6 per cent by weight of suitable untreated materials can be expected
Back to top