Fly Ash (Bagged)
Blue Circle® Fly Ash is a pozzolans; a fine grey powder resembling cement, which is low in lime content, and possesses in itself little or no cementitious properties. In the presence of moisture Blue Circle® Fly Ash will react chemically with calcium hydroxide (e.g. from lime or cement) at ordinary temperatures to form insoluble compounds possessing cementitious properties.
Application / Use
Blue Circle® Fly Ash can be combined with other materials to produce high quality and economical results for:
• Pre-mixed concrete
• Stabilised road base
• Roller compacted concrete pavements
• Concrete sub-base
• Conventional concrete pavements
• Roller constructed concrete dams
• Concrete products
Blue Circle® Fly Ash can also be used as a filler in the manufacturing of many products. It has been successfully used in asphalt, rubber and other manufactured products.
Features & Benefits
- A fine grey powder which is low in lime content and possesses in itself little or no cementitious properties
- Use as a filler to add workability to concrete and mortar mixes
- Typical applications: combine with other materials to produce pre-mixed concrete, stabilised road bases, roller compacted concrete pavements, concrete subbases, concrete pavements, roller constructed concrete dams and concrete products