Enviroment® is a Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag which complies with AS3582.2 as supplementary cementitious material. It can be used as a partial Portland cement replacement to enhance the durability characteristics of concrete.
The inclusion of Enviroment® in blended cements for stabilisation is common practice as the material sets slowly allowing contractors with additional time to place and compact materials. After compaction the cement blend will gain strength slowly but ultimately it may achieve strengths exceeding General Purpose Cement.
Application / Use
- Environment is used extensively in the premixed concrete market where it is used as a replacement for General Purpose Cement
- Environment is also widely used in the stabilisation of soils for both in-situ road stabilisation and off site stabilisation of quarry materials
Features & Benefits
- Higher later age strengths
- Lower heat of hydration making it ideal for mass concrete pours
- Improved resistance to chloride penetration which decreases the potential for reinforcement corrosion
- Improved resistance to sulphate attack
- Reduction in the green house gas emissions