Boral Material Technical Services is uniquely qualified to provide:
- Construction materials compliance testing.
- Assessment and large scale testing of construction materials for specific applications.
- Consulting services encompassing compliance, performance and durability of construction materials.
- Guidance on how existing construction materials can be adapted for specific applications, with appropriate technical support and field investigations.
- Construction material forensic investigations and related issues.
- Expert technical assistance in litigation cases involving construction material compliance, performance, durability, diagnostics and related issues.
- Preparation of construction materials specifications.
- Assessment of project tender documents.
- Environmental site assessment and monitoring.
- Conceptual concrete and asphalt mix designs.
- Feasibility studies.
BMTS is considered to be the largest full-service construction materials testing facility in the southern hemisphere and our services extend to international clients. Some examples include:
- Singapore – assessment of steel fibre re-enforcement in concrete.
- Jamaica – concrete trial mixes for the construction of an aluminium smelter.
- Dubai – specialised creep testing of the high strength concrete used in the Burj Khalifa – the tallest reinforced concrete building in the world.
BMTS technical capability is underpinned by more than 50 professional full-time staff and the facility consists of six distinct in-house laboratories:
- Asphalt and bitumen