Diversity & Inclusion at Boral
The Boral Diversity & Inclusion Council has four areas of priority
Communication and education
We are committed to building awareness and inclusive behaviours across Boral.
Boral's Diversity & Inclusion Council run sessions to start the conversation about diversity and inclusion.
They also host sessions to increase understanding about how unconscious knowledge and bias is formed through mindset, habit formation and everyday decisions in our work lives.
Broadening our understanding of safety
Boral is encouraging greater awareness of psychological safety and Zero Harm.
We have an integrated approach to physical and psychological safety and wellness, which is managed closely by Boral’s Health, Safety & Environment Team.
Recruitment and retention
Boral encourages diverse and inclusive practices through the employee life cycle:
- Specific initiatives include
- A tailored recruitment strategy for women
- Building a long-term recruitment pipeline with Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) and trade initiatives at educational institutions
- Targeted Indigenous employment, progression and development
Supporting work/family responsibilities through access to flexible working arrangements.
- Flexibility and Flexible Work Arrangements policy: finalised and available on the Boral intranet
- Policy for all flexible working arrangements in Boral
- Process to apply for and manage flexible working
- Workplace Flexibility Playbook: Final stages of review then piloting of Playbook which steps managers and employees through policy, guidelines and approach to flexible work arrangements and flexible work options
- Steps through the various options for working flexibly
- Outlines when and how flexible work arrangements can be accessed
WORK180 is a global jobs network that operates at the forefront of a new workplace revolution.
As an advocate for working women, WORK180 provides job applicants with a transparent directory of endorsed employers who support diversity, inclusion and equality.+
Boral is a Work180 endorsed employer for Women.
National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
NAWIC is led by a team of passionate volunteers who all strive to help champion and empower women in the construction and related industries to reach their full potential.
Women in Engineering Scholarships
Boral is a proud partner of the University of NSW (UNSW) and the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) to attract female students that could be eligible for a scholarship in Engineering.