Digital SMS Order Confirmation: Concrete
DIGITAL SMS CONFIRMATION SERVICE
As part of Boral's commitment to continuous improvement, we are excited to introduce our digital SMS multi-order confirmation service.
This follows on from an initial trial earlier this year where we implemented single order confirmation for Customers who opted in to receive the sms link to confirm their order.
Further development of multi orders confirmation has now been finalised and will be offered to any customer who places a concrete order in ‘Will Call’ status.
Implementing this level of digital automation will reduce calls to our Service Centre which will result in reduced wait times.
On this page you will find an instructional video to assist you to navigate the Digital SMS Order Confirmation Services and related FAQs.
We welcome and value your feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the process?
The process to digitally confirm orders is as follows:
- A SMS will be sent to the mobile phone number provided when the order was placed with a link to a webpage.
- This webpage will list all of your orders for the following day that require confirmation.
- Each order will have its own CONFIRM ORDER button.
- Press the CONFIRM ORDER button for each order you wish to confirm, this will activate the order in our system and follow the instructions.
- To modify any orders, select the CALL TO CHANGE button which will dial through to the Sales Service Centre or Plant.
- The ability to confirm or change orders via the link after 3pm will not be available. Please contact the Sales Service Centre.
- If the order is not confirmed via link or phone, the order will not be activated/delivered.
2. What will you receive?
a) You will receive a SMS with a link showing the order flow with the first message sent at 1200 local time. You are required to CONFIRM ORDER by 1500 local time.
b) If you select CONFIRM ORDER, you will be requested to select either CANCEL or YES, CONFIRM.
c) If you select YES, CONFIRM a confirmation message is displayed confirming details of your order(s). Select CLOSE.
d) If you need to change your order or otherwise contact Boral, please press the CALL TO CHANGE button and then select CALL.
The phone number defaults to the Sales Service Centre or scheduled plant location.
e) If you do not click on the SMS link by 1430 local time to CONFIRM ORDER or CALL TO CHANGE, you will receive a reminder SMS link.
3. What happens to the order once it has been confirmed?
The order will show “confirmed ready for delivery” instead of “will call”. Once the webpage has been refreshed, the order will no longer appear. Only orders requiring confirmation will be displayed.
4. What happens if you need to change an order after receiving the link?
You will need to contact the Sales Service Centre or Plant by selecting CALL TO CHANGE and CALL. Currently, the order cannot be changed on the webpage.
5. What happens if you have placed an order and did not receive an SMS to confirm?
You will need to contact the Sales Service Centre or Plant to ensure your mobile number has been recorded correctly.
6. What if the order has disappeared from the screen?
Only orders requiring confirmation will be displayed. If an order was confirmed via a phone conversation with the Sales Service Centre or Plant, then the order will no longer require confirmation and will no longer appear on the next refresh.
7. What to do if you receive an ‘unknown link’?
Some android versions may incur a link issue. If you receive this link, please contact the Sales Service Centre.
For any feedback, please contact your Boral Account Manager