1. Boral Laboratory Testing, March 2013, indicated that the manufacture of ENVISIA® concrete with ZEP® technology resulted in a 27% reduction in embedded carbon levels compared to Boral standard 50 MPa PT concrete.
2. Boral Laboratory Testing, conducted from August 2012 - June 2013 indicated that ENVISIA® concrete with ZEP® technology provides up to 50% reduction in shrinkage compared to conventional concrete and reduces creep strain by 40% over conventional concrete with no reduction in early strength or impact on cycle times.
3. Conventional concrete refers to concrete containing Boral's currently used blends of Portland cement and supplementary cementitious material that do not include ZEP® technology, that has been in common use prior to the availability of ZEP® technology and compliant with AS1379.
4. Boral Test Results indicated that ENVISIA® concrete with ZEP® technology provides lower chloride diffusion (Boral Field Testing 2011) and lower water absorption and permeability (Boral Laboratory Testing (NATA Facilities No. 547 and 9968) Feb/March 2013) when compared to an equivalent grade of conventional¹ concrete.
5. For 40 MPa post-tensioned concrete and comparison based on the Green Building Council of Australia material credit for concrete MAT-4. Boral Laboratory Testing 2013 indicated that when Boral's ZEP® technology is used in the manufacturing process, less carbon-intensive Portland cement is required to achieve the same strength outcomes as conventional Portland cement based concretes.
Boral, the Boral logo, ENVISIA, ZEP and Build something great are trade marks of Boral Limited or it's affiliates and may be registered in many jurisdictions worldwide.
^ Using ENVISIA® can help achieve maximum points from the revised Green Star 'Concrete' credit - MAT-4.
Please note that individual products are not reviewed or certified under the Green Star rating system.
Green Star credit requirements cover the performance of materials in aggregate, not the performance of individual products or brands. www.gbca.org.au/green-star